When you have submitted a financial document to Roger, you can easily select to split the document into multiple line items and then select multiple categories, departments or projects for each line item. This split also syncs to your accounting platform through any connected integrations.
- First, find the financial document that you want to split in your dashboard in Roger, and then click the three dots in the upper right corner of the document. Then select Split amount from the dropdown menu to continue:
2. This opens a new window that shows a number of lines. You must now enter a part of the total amount in each line in the leftmost text box. You can also select a category and a department and enter a note in the remaining text boxes. In this way you can split the financial document in multiple line itmes and assign each line its own amount and category, for instance. Click the Save button to save the split and return to the dashboard:
At the bottom of the split window, three fields are displayed:
- Balance: This is the remaining amount that you still need to split. The color of this field changes from red to green when the full amount has been split. You can only save the split when the field has turned green.
- Split: This is the sum of the amounts you have entered so far.
- Expense: This is the original total amount of the financial document.
You can add as many lines as you wish by clicking the purple +. You can delete a line by clicking the trashcan icon to the right of the line.
- If you have created custom lists, you will be able to also select between these on each line.
3. After clicking Save and returning to the dasboard, you will see that the financial document is now split into the selected amounts, categories, departments, etc.:
- In the dashboard you can always resume splitting a financial document by clicking the tiny pencil icon next to the Amount split header just above the lines: