In Roger you can mark an unpaid bill as paid. This will change the bill's status to "Paid" and move the bill to the Paid tab on your dashboard, but no payment will be made for the bill. Once a bill has been marked as paid, the bill can no longer be paid through Roger.
Marking a bill as paid is useful if it has already been paid elsewhere before being submitted to Roger and if you want the bill and its payment to be synced to your accounting platform automatically.
Follow the steps below to mark an unpaid bill as paid.
- FYI! If you mark a bill with the status 'Initialized' as paid, the payment that has already been initialized will not be stopped. The bill's status will still change to 'Paid' and it will be moved to the Paid tab, but if the payment has already been set in motion, it can't be changed.
- Locate the unpaid bill that you wish to mark as paid in your dashboard:
2. Click the Mark as paid button (not to be confused with the Pay now button):
3. Choose whether you want data to be synced to any integrations connected to Roger. If you check the box, a payment entry will automatically be created in the integration on the due date that was originally analyzed off of the bill. If you do not check the box, no payment entry will be created for the bill:
4. Lastly, click the Mark as paid button to finally confirm that you want to mark the bill as paid:
5. The bill can now be found under the Paid tab, and no payment of the bill will be initialized: