Roger Workflow can only be set up in Roger's web app. All rules created in the workflow will of course apply to all platforms.
What is Roger Workflow?
Roger Workflow is an upgrade of Roger's approval flow that gives you and your coworkers the possiblity to automate a long range of actions in Roger that you would otherwise have to perform manually. You can freely compose and program exactly the actions you want by using rules (like in Roger's approval flow).
When an expense that meet the criteria of a workflow rule is submitted, the rule will be activated and automatically perform the selected actions.
Watch a short introduction of Roger Workflow in this video:
Setting up a workflow
As shown in the video above, a workflow is set up according to the same principles as an approval flow (select Workflow in the leftmost menu to view existing rules and create new rules).
When you set up a workflow rule you must first select the criteria by which expenses can activate the rule. You then have the option to automatically appoint coworkers to approve expenses that activate the rule, but you can opt out of any approval by selecting 'nobody' in the dropdown menu just after Then require approval from.
You must then select the automated actions in the bottom dropdown menu in the window (marked with a red border in the picture below). If you wish to add more automated actions, simply click the big + that becomes visible after you have defined one automated action.
You can read more about creating approval and workflow rules in this article.
Which actions can be automated with Workflow?
At the time of writing, Roger Workflow supports the following automated actions for expenses:
- Select bank account as payment method for the expense Automatic selection of a specified bank account as payment method for the expense.
- Select category for the expense Automatic selection of specified category/expense account for the expense.
- Select department for the expense Automatic selection of department for the expense.
- Insert custom message in the 'Attention' tab on the expense This will automatically insert a custom message under the 'Attention' tab on the individual expense. The expense will be colored red in the dashboard until a coworker marks the message as read (by clicking 'Got it' next to the message).
- Disable Autopay for the expense This will force coworkers to manually click 'Pay now' to initiate payment of the expense when it has been submitted. If this action is automatically performed for an expense, the expense will thereby not be paid automatically. This action will not affect the Autopay settings for other expenses (toggled under Settings > Advanced > Payments).
- Lock expense This will prevent other coworkers from editing the details of the expense - as long as the expense remains locked. Only admins can unlock the expense and thereby enable editing of its details.
- Delete expense This will delete the expense as soon as it has been analyzed by Roger.
- Mark the expense as paid This will mark the expense as paid and thereby prevent Roger from initializing a payment for the expense. The expense will be moved to the 'Paid' tab in the dashboard, and a vendor payment entry will potentially be created in any integration. But no payment will be made in Roger.
- Add note This will add a custom text to the note field on the expense that will also be synced to any integrations.
This list will continuously be updated when more options become available in the workflow.